COTABATO CITY — Members of the Bangsamoro Parliament and Ministry of Health (MOH) officials formally turned over 20 new land ambulance units to different health facilities in the region’s five provinces and 63 barangays in North Cotabato.
Said distribution of new ambulance units is under the Transitional Development Impact Fund (TDIF), an initiative project of the Bangsamoro Parliament that provides assistance to their chosen beneficiaries.
Health Minister Dr. Bashary Latiph said that ambulance services will provide immediate response to any medical related emergencies in the region.
“…it includes transporting the patient from the incident site to the emergency room of the receiving hospital for definitive care, transferring the patient to another hospital for further diagnosis and treatment purpose, rendering emergency medical care and life support to sustain the stability of the patient in transit to and from the hospital,” Dr. Latiph said.
“There have been many cases where are people were unable to reach the hospitals in time due to lacking of transportation especially in critical moments. It is then a necessity that we take action and relieve our people from this problem,” he added.
BTA members who provided said assistance with the list of their beneficiaries were:
- Zul Qarneyn Abas in Rural Health Units of Datu Blah Sinsuat;
- Suwaib Oranon in Parang, Maguindanao;
- Princess Maleiha B. Candao in Amanah Birthing Clinic and Medical Services, MILF-BIAF GHD, and Dental Department Clinic;
- Narciso Yu Ekey in South Upi Municipal Hospital;
- Nabila Margarita Pangandaman in RHU Masiu, Lanao del Sur;
- Mudjib Abu in the 63 barangays in North Cotabato and office of administrator;
- Hatimil Hassan in RHU Hadji Mohammad Ajul, Basilan;
- Engr. Baintan Adil Ampatuan in RHU Rajah Buayan, Maguindanao;
- Dr. Susana Salvador Anayatin in RHU Datu Odin Sinsuat and Datu Piang, Maguindanao;
- Datu Tucao Mastura in RHU Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao;
- Datu Midpantao M. Midtimbang, Sr. In LGU Guindulungan, Maguindanao;
- Atty. Ubaida C. Pacasem in Parang-Iranon District Hospital, Maguindanao;
- Archt. Eduard Uy Guerra in LGU Datu Piang, Maguindanao;
- Amilbahar Mawallil in IPHO-Tawi-Tawi and Parang District Hospital Sulu;
- Ali Salik in RHU Maharlika Pagalungan, Maguindanao;
- Abdulwahab Pak in Barangay Calsada RHU Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao; and
- Abdullah Biston Hashim in Kudal Barangay Health Station Pagalungan, Maguindanao.
Under this project, members of the parliament extended also medical assistance to the Cotabato Regional and Medical Center (CRMC), distributed kits to Barangay Health Worker, and provided medicines to far-flung towns in Sulu province.
Speaker Atty. Pangalian M. Balindong and MP Maleiha Candao provided medical financial assistance to CRMC. The former sponsored P1.4-million while the latter with P500,000.00. (Publication and Media Relations Division, BTA)