COTABATO CITY – BARMM Education Minister Mohagher Iqbal led the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of seven school buildings in North Cotabato and Maguindanao as part of the Bangsamoro government’s continuing effort to improve the quality of education in the region.
The project was supported and funded under the Transitional Development Impact Fund (TDIF) of members of the Parliament Ali Salik and Engr. Aida Silongan.
Among the schools that will benefit from the projects are:
- Sapakan Elementary School with one-storey building, flagpole and handwashing facility and rainwater collector;
- Buliok Elementary School with one-storey building;
- Datu Pinguiaman Elementary School Annex with one-storey building;
- Dagadas Elementary School with one classroom;
- Nasapian Elementary School with two classrooms;
- Sambulawan Elementary School with two classrooms; and
- Endaila Silongan Central Elementary School with two classrooms.
Silongan has allotted a P2.5 million budget per school, while Salik has a total project cost of P2.7 million.
The MBHTE will determine other schools in the region that need development and assistance.
Iqbal said that the construction of school buildings aligns with the region’s 12-Point Priority Agenda towards promoting access to quality education and developing schools as a safe environment for learning and growth.
Through the passage of the Bangsamoro Education Code in May, the ministry remained steadfast in embodying its banner of “No Bangsamoro child shall be left behind.” (Publication and Media Relations Division)
67,776 total views, 886 views today